You are an experienced Ruby developer then you know most of the gems I have listed here. But there are some gems which are awesome for scaling your Rails application in a better way – necessary to be an rails project leader.
Lets take a look at some of them…..
- hoptoad_notifier # Exception notification
- jammit # Asset bundler
- bullet # Find n+1 eager loading issues in development
- yajl-ruby # Faster JSON parsing, utilized in Rails 2.3.6+ if available
- paperclip # Image attachments (Note anything after v2.3.1 requires Ruby 1.8.7+)
- mysql2 # Woot! Much faster replacement for aging mysql adapter
- resque # Redis-based background worker queue
- resque_mailer # Email sending from resque
- delayed_paperclip # Paperclip processing in the background
# Interface with the sphinx search daemon