Performance tune of database………..
- Denormalize your database where appropriate.
- Proper use of index columns : An index based on numeric fields is more efficient than an index based on character columns.
- Reduce the number of columns that make a composite key.
- Proper partitioning of table spaces and create a special tablespace for special data types.
- Data access performance can be tuned by using stored procedure to break up data in the database server to reduce the network overhead and also caching data within your application to reduce the number of accesses.